September 12, 2010

New York City

As everyone already knows (because it's all we talk about) our biggest dream is to move New York City after school. Since our very first date we've been talking about how much we would love to live there someday and hope we can go visit before then. As this year's 7 week break approached we seriously talked about going, but in the end decided not to or so I thought.

David surprised me with the Greatest surprise he could ever surprise me with for our anniversary. A 7 day trip to the city of our dreams. New York City!

* a side note before I begin. I got the shake it app on my phone and took a lot of pictures of our trip with it because sometimes it was more convenient then pulling out the camera. The morning after we got back from New York my phone froze and I had to wipe my phone. So a lot of pictures were lost and somethings I talk about will not have pictures. but that's ok there are still a ton from my point and shoot, David's phone and the canon.




Shortly after our arrival, waiting outside the airport for a Taxi to take us into the city.

We were so excited to finally be in the city that right after we checked into the hotel we ran straight to the nearest subway and headed for Times Square. I have no idea why we chose to go here first it was so crowded and way overwhelming. However it worked out great because there were a lot of things we wanted to see in that area that we just stumbled upon walking around. Which was the story for most of our trip.


Like I wanted to go to Magnolia Bakery and there it was only a couple of blocks away. Even if you don't like cupcakes you should go and sit in the store it's very beautiful.

I can't remember the name of the cupcake we got but it was banana and chocolate and it was delicious. When we ordered the sales girl was like are you sure you only want one? It was good but I didn't think it was that good.


Then we just sat, caught our breath for a minute, figured out what to do next, watched the people, and talked about how much we loved it.
Right next to Magnolia was Radio City Music hall.
Then we stumbled onto the Rockefeller Plaza. Which happened to have the most amazing J. Crew right next door along with the most amazing Anthropologie.


This was really funny we somehow ended back up in Times Square. I don't know how but it was perfect because we were able to experience it at night which is way better then during the day.
After that we strolled around 5th avenue, did some shopping, and looked around this beautiful cathedral.

We were a little nervous we weren't going to like New York, but that was ridiculous and after our 1/2 day decided it was the perfect place for us to live.
SHARE:

1 comment:

  1. Well, I guess I'm going to have to visit NYC now that you have given it such a glowing recommendation. I love you both. :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig