Here are two way's I style my ever so frequent bun.
The first is a Doughnut bun or sock bun whatever you want to call it. Mara does a fabulous job of showing you how to make your own doughnut, but I'm not one for creating my own things I would much rather buy it. I found my doughnut at Sally's for under $4.
1-2. Brush you hair into a high pony tail.
3. Place pony through doughnut.
4. Wrap ends of hair around the doughnut.
5-6. Begin to roll the doughnut down your pony. I rotate between the sides and fronts to make it even.
Pin if needed and spray with a firm hold hairspray.
The Messy Bun is the Bun I wear most often. It's easy to to create and you don't need anything special. I usually wear this bun when my hair is too dirty to wear down but I still want to go one more day without washing it (cause I'm lazy.) So therefore it works best for me when my hair is a little dirty.
1-2. Brush hair into a high pony.
3. Taking random sections of pony and begin to backcomb. The messier the better.
4. Spray teased hair with a firm hold hairspray.
5. Begin to wrap teased pony. This is definitely the hardest part for me. It takes at least 3 tries to get it where I want it.
6. Pin into place. Sometimes I will pin the bun and then loosing it and make it a little bit messier.
So there you have it, the doughnut bun and the messy bun. Good Luck!