March 8, 2013

Baby's Hospital bag


Not sure what to bring to the hospital for baby? Neither are we so here is a list of things we plan on taking but have no idea if we will actually need. I'm always getting mixed messages on what the hospital will or will not provide, so I'm probably overpacking for him and me ( post on that later) but better save than sorry.

1. A swaddle blanket To keep him nice and cozy and for swaddling him up for those first pictures.
2. Going home outfit. This I know for sure we will need. We bought this soon after we found out we were having a boy and it's been tucked away as his going home outfit ever since. Plus it's so tiny I'm afraid he will only fit it the one time at the hospital.
3. Baby wipes. No idea if we will need these. Maybe he will have a huge diaper situation on the way home we will need to take care. I'm not sure.
4. Face Wipes. Probably completely unecessary but we have them and they fit in the bag.
5. Baby Powder. Same story, fits so cute in the bag.
6. Extra Diapers. I hear they give you tons in the hospital, but I'm overprepared.
7. Extra onesies. I just don't know and would rather have clothes for my baby than none at all.

Diaper Bag

After looking for months at all the horrible options the baby industry provides for diaper bags, and then looking at regular purses we could make shift into a diaper bag we stumbled upon this Scout bag by Petunia Pickle Bottom at a swanky baby store in Salt Lake and fell in love. I love that it doesn't have baby giraffes all over it or an over the top girly pattern. AKA it's not screaming IM A DAIPER BAG LOOK AT ALL THE STUFF I'VE GOT CRAMMED IN ME. It's got all the secret pockets I think I'll ever need, and comes with matching wipe holder and changing pad. Obviously I haven't used it out in the real mommy world yet but I think we are going to love it.

So there you have it, everything he will need and not need at the hospital, I'll let you know how it goes!

SHARE:

16 comments:

  1. Exciting time for you! I just had my little gal 3 months ago. Diapers, wipes, powder will be provided for you! Only thing we brought for her was outfit, swaddle blanket,extra blanket to wrap her in when we left the hospital, and mittens to cover her hands from scratching herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a mama but that is the cutest "diaper bag" ever!! I'd carry that any day! Great choice. Good luck to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you guys and your new little bundle! LOVE the bag! When's your due date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, we can't wait! I'm due April 3rd, but seriously hoping he comes sooner :) We are ready!

      Delete
  4. Yeah, the hospital provides way more stuff than you think! The only thing you really need to bring is the going home outfit and some comfy clothes for you! You will get sick of wearing that hospital gown, so I would try to bring a really comfy nursing top and pants. I am guessing you are planning on breastfeeding, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've heard, but I've also heard crazy stories of husbands having to go buy stuff, or the hospital charging for things they are suppose to give you... Yes definitely planning on breastfeeding. I've got a whole pajama outfit packed away for me, I'm going to do a post on that later :)

      Delete
  5. Also, your diaper bag/bag is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love petunia pickle bottom and am embarrassed to count how many I have because its more than all my fingers and toes... Don't own a scout though but man I love the look of this.

    Also, all I took to the hospital was one outfit for baby, a pillow for my husband, my tooth brush, a camera and a cell phone charger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, i second that comment about bringing your own bedding. the hospital pillows are flat and their blankets thin. The success of your hospital stay entirely depends on how comfortable/uncomfortable you are. Packing more than you need is better than not packing enough. Turn your little room into an extension of your home, almost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! This was just what I have packed for him, don't worry I have a whole other bag getting ready to go for me. I just need a few more things before I can take pictures for that post. That too will probably include way too many things I don't need haha. Yes I will e-mail you the invite!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww. this reminds me of when I took both my babies home. Such a special time. Yes, a swaddle blanket is a MUST.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWW! This is so exciting. I can't believe how close you are! Love the adorable going home outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness! i seriously can't wait for you and david! you guys are going to be such sweet, stylin parents :) you will be terrific. being a mom is seriously so funny, i love it. i'm so pumped for you guys! boys are the best. i'm a little partial but they rock!!! and i'm obsessed with your diaper bag! YOU DID GOOD GIRL! seriously, diaper bags are the biggest problem of my life as a mom. SO FREAKING UGLY! i just use purses but dannnnng, you did good!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig