May 17, 2013

Rivers Nursery

Here is a small tour of Rivers completed nursery, these pictures hardly do it justice, but I've never been good at taking pictures of interiors anyways. I started on his nursery soon after we found out we were pregnant and worked on it my entire pregnancy  like a mad women, I blame it on the hormones. 

I went back and forth on furniture, rugs, and accessories. I switched out two different rugs for weeks before actually deciding. I wanted pieces that would easily transition into his "big boy" room or if we were to have a girl next she could use the furniture as well in her nursery. The room started to get a lot smaller once we got the actual furniture in there, making it harder to add the pieces I wanted, like a bookshelf, but I like how clean and simple it turned out.

All the artwork is done by David, which makes my heart happy, because I know he will just treasure those pieces of art for all his life knowing they were made especially for him and have been in his room since he was born. 

It's much different that I originally planned those 9 months ago, but it's much more my style and couldn't be happier with it. 
 


and the whole thing is made perfect by this little boy!
SHARE:

6 comments:

  1. holy profesh room, court!! that's stunning. i love the freaking crib and changing table. where'd you find?!

    i love the sentimental art. there's nothing like it-the family history of it, the completely genuine, personal touch of it, the style of it. No doubt Rivers will totally love it for years.

    Can't you just see him now, crawling and walking around that cute little room as a chubby toddler? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and i also meant to say that i love him. He's such a perfect combo of you two. I can see both of you in him. Pure magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks do much! It was a lot of work! The changing table is from Ikea and the crib funny enough is from Walmart.com I've never seen it in the stores.

      Delete
  3. I love those drop lights! Where can I find them? Also, my heart skipped a beat at the last picture. Your baby boy's face is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from all over. We got the bulbs at Home Depot. The fixture is from ikea, it comes with a white shade that we just didn't use and then the twine I just wrapped around a bunch of times.

      Delete
  4. i love it court! and you are rght....looks way better with him in it! :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig